Saving Spalding Pets

I am part of a volunteer group of people dedicated to rescuing animals awaiting death by "gas chamber" methods. These are the animals at one such shelter, the Spalding county animal shelter in Griffin, GA.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

AO6-3112 HUSKY MIX-SHEPPY-OWNER SURRENDER


Poor Sheppy! I was at the shelter today when a man walked in and said "I don't want my dog no more..will you take her?" So I peeked outside and saw Sheppy sitting in the front seat of his car, her tail wagging, ears up, big smile on her face..having so much fun riding in the car! When she was led into the shelter, her owner gone, all the spunk was out of his girl..her head was low, her tail was low, her spirit crushed...can anyone save her? She does have all 4 legs, she just kept lifing one front leg when I took her pic. She is available NOW and her LAST DAY ALIVE IS OCTOBER 31.

4 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dogs are so loving she still loved her owner even after the creep left her to die at a gas shelter!! Why could he not have been a responsible pet owner I hope he sleeps well knowing he left this baby to die!! I have to say Ga is one of the most uncaring states when it comes to pet ownership I see cats and kittens dead on country roads everyday it is getting so depressing I just can not understand it. Thank-God for the animal rescues it restores my faith that some people in Ga care!!!

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did this one make it out?

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger helpthem said...

We rescued this one--she got a great home in Maine!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger helpthem said...

We rescued her and she has been adopted into a great home in Maine. Her heartworm has been treated and she is all set for a long happy life!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home